over £185,000 Raised!

Last year, RAG and Bummit raised over a fantastic £185,000

82% of this went to local causes in the South Yorkshire and Derbyshire area The other 18 % goes to charities elsewhere, both national and international. Over the year, RAG worked with 140 societies, clubs, committees and individuals, to supporting 146 charities by organising and supporting 257 fundraising events and activities.

Check out the Charities Supported 2014/15


Some quotes from our past charities:


Applications for give as you rent are now open.

Please read our Guidelines before you apply.

Here is the Application Form

Deadline for applications has been extended to 20th April 2016.

Please send your completed application form to:rag.intern@sheffield.ac.uk or charities@sheffieldrag.com


Give as you Rent - in aid of Sheffield's homeless

The Give as You Rent Appeal provides grants to alleviate homelessness or housing difficulties in Sheffield.

Awards are for organisations providing support to those who are without a home, living in temporary accommodation and/or are vulnerable to difficulties in securing or retaining a permanent tenancy.

The Give as You Rent scheme is separate from RAG’s annual funding application scheme (open each year July – September).

We recommend that charities who work with issues around homelessness apply to the Give as You Rent scheme but organisations are welcome to apply to both funding schemes.

Give as You Rent applications are usually invited from January each year; applications guidelines and forms will be available on the RAG website shortly before this time.